1. Please answer the assignment questions in this docx file and save once you’re satisfied. Assignment 4 covers the lectures slides for weeks 10 and 12.
2. There are six assignment problems. Please follow the instructions given at the end of each question.
3. You can make as many submissions as you want to before the due date/time. Only the last submission will be graded.
Assignment Problems (70 points in total):
1. Define the five sources of power and provide an example for each source of power. (10 points)
2. What is a transactional leader? What is a transformational leader? Define the two types of leadership and discuss the differences with no less than 100 words. (12 points)
3. (a) Define noise. (2 points)
(b) Imagine that you are studying for a final exam for a difficult course. Think about where you typically study. What are the sources of noise in that environment? List three sources of noise. For each source of noise, propose a plan for reducing or eliminating the noise so that you can concentrate on your studies. (12 points)
4. (a) Define the concept of media richness. (2 points)
(b) Suppose that you manage a local branch of the U.S. Post Office. You need to communicate three key pieces of information: (a) an annual performance appraisal for each of the employees at the branch, (2) an update regarding the sales of commemorative stamps to a regional manager, and (3) information regarding postage rate increases to the public. For each of the three pieces of information, suggest an appropriate medium and justify your suggestion. (12 points)
5. Define the four perspectives of the balanced scorecard. (8 points)
6. The table below summarizes the output and input data at a ceramics studio.
|Production (finished units)||4000|
|Greenware (pounds) @ $1 per pound||5000|
|Labor (hours) @ $10 per hour||350|
|Energy (kWh) @ $0.08 per kWh||3000|
(a) What was the labor productivity of the studio last year? Please provide the formula, at least one step of calculation, and the correct answer for full credit. (6 points)
(b) What was the total-factor productivity of the studio last year? Please provide the formula, at least one step of calculation, and the correct answer for full credit. (6 points)