Faculty Assignment Orientation Presentation
The purpose of this assignment is to have students research the measurement tools of NP performance. Through the use of quality patient outcomes, students will list and discuss three different patient interventions and how they would specifically measure the outcomes, and how these primary care interventions result in improved patient outcomes and cost savings for the practice. In addition, students will discuss how these interventions result in improved patient ratings.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Employ strategies to impact the development, implementation, and consequences of holistic healthcare policies using evidence-based practice principles (CO1)
2. Critically analyze how healthcare systems and APRN practice are organized and influenced by ethical, legal, economic, and political factors (CO2)
3. Demonstrate professional and personal growth concerning the advocacy role of advanced practice nursing in fostering policy within diverse healthcare settings (CO3)
4. Analyze social, historical, ethical, and political contexts of healthcare policies and advanced practice leadership (CO4)
5. Advocate for institutional, local, national, and international policies that fosters person-centered healthcare and nursing practice (CO5)
Preparing the Assignment
The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) was formed to ensure the quality of patient care and measurement of patient outcomes with set standards.
Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) is a performance measurement tool used by millions of health insurance plans. There are 6 domains of care:
· Effectiveness of Care
· Access/Availability of Care
· Experience of Care
· Utilization and Risk Adjusted Utilization
· Health Plan Descriptive Information
· Measures Collected Using Electronic Clinical Data Systems
You may access the 6 domains of care by clicking this link:
(NCQA, n.d. https://www.ncqa.org/hedis/Links to an external site. )
As an APN, productivity will be an important measurement for the practice to determine reimbursement and salary. Fee-for-service practices will require a set number of patients per day to maintain productivity. A capitated practice will require the APN to have a large panel of patients but also will focus on controlling costs. This can be accomplished through effective primary care that is accessible, convenient for the patients, and has a method of measuring the quality of care.
Write a formal paper in APA format with a title page, introduction, the three required elements below, conclusion, and reference page.
You are now employed as an NP in primary care. Choose one performance measure from one of the six domains of care, i.e. Adult BMI Assessment, Prenatal, and Postpartum care, etc.
Develop three different patient interventions for that one performance measure and how you would specifically implement the intervention and measure the outcomes for that particular performance measure in clinical practice.
How would these primary care interventions result in improved patient outcomes and healthcare cost savings?