Here is the assignment:
Write an essay on consequence-based intervention (Differential Reinforcement of Alternative Behavior). Use the articles attached and describe/synthesize how that treatment could be applied/utilized to improve a target behavior that should be skill building.
Ideally, you will select this based on the need for a client you see within a current setting (I work in a preschool setting), however, if that is not relevant to you, please select an antecedent intervention you would like to learn more about. Ideally the same client and behavior you targeted for the unit 5 assignment.
You should have at minimum of 5 complete , descriptive sentences to cover each point.
Please make sure to present the content based on the available literature, and also elaborate and provide a further synthesis.
You must also remember to write in a formal, scholarly tone and refrain from using personal pronouns.
The total assignment should be 2-3 pages, excluding the title and reference pages, no longer!
You are responsible to submit this using correct APA formatting
Resources must be peer-reviewed behavioral journal articles. You must provide the complete reference to any and all resources used. You must submit references using the correct APA format. You must have at least two additional resources other than the readings posted for this unit.
· Describe the consequence-based intervention – 2 points
· Describe the target behavior – 2 points
· Discuss how improvement would benefit the client/individual – 2 points
· Review the literature/current research – 2 points
· Explain how this procedure will be implemented- 2 points
· APA format and scholarly writing errors will be deducted from the overall score
My consequence-based intervention :
Differential Reinforcement of Alternative Behavior
· I work in a preschool setting, so when writing this paper, please write in APA paper based off of the pre-school setting (working with 3-5 year old children).
· Please USE ONLY the articles attached for this paper:
– Interventions for Repetitive Behavior in Young Children with Autism:
A Survey of Behavioral Practices
– On the definition of differential reinforcement of alternative behavior
– Further investigation of differential reinforcement of alternative behavior without extinction for escape-maintained destructive behavior
· You can NOT talk about extinction or any punishment in this paper.
· The Target behavior: Aggression